Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

All the Fish!

The 2012 Fish Fry(e) was a roaring success with delicious waves, tasty winds, and more Fish than you could shake a spear at.

Kris putting pedal to metal.  You know he's serious when his hand never leaves the yogurt.

Chris Gentile of Pilgrim Surf & Supply, giving the Chicken Petter a shaka hood ornament.


Piles of keel fish, one of the original Mini Simmons, hand planes, even a Lightning Bolt.  Didn't get a picture of it but there was a fiberglass handplane that was one big deep concave and looked sick.

Petro of Faktion Surfboards, petting the Chicken.

 Todd of the Endless Bummer blog.  Love this brother.  He's like a stoke amplifier.

This Sunset stinger single fin ruled.  Gave me one of my favorite rides of the day. 

Enough geekery, time to get the Chicken Petter wet!  It did great in the 4' waves.  I felt like I was riding an antigravity skateboard.  Floaty, caught waves easy, rode loose, and just wanted to dance like James Brown.

Huge thanks to Tyler Breuer, Chris Gentile and SMASH Surf for organizing this event and all the other things they do to make surfing in NY more fun!

10 comments:

  1. Super fun day. Check out the filmy at EBNY.
    I didn't get Chris in the footage for some reason which is weod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice coverage B! we were holding it down on 92nd with the mats. nice film EBNY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Editorial Board: the video rules. Gave me the warm fuzzies all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that the bellyboard being raved about on FB? That's not even Gavin's best model so it just goes to show how great they are.

    :-)

    G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed! Everyone who tried it went flying down the line!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for posting this informative article thanks for sharing your great post,wish you have a nice day,happy every day.

    Balsa Surfboard & Balsa Wood

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on this topic. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him. So I should thank you for the free lunch I got.

    international air freight & cheap freight shipping

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really good read for me.Thanks For sharing.
    cheap freight shipping &cheap freight shipping

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, this is my first visit to your blog! We are a group of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a marvelous job

    Custom Team Apparel , Screen Printing Services & Custom Wall Signs

    ReplyDelete

  9. I wanted to thank you for this great read.Thanks for sharing
    Signarama Simi Valley

    ReplyDelete