Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Newport RI

Last weekend I found myself in Newport RI for sight seeing and over all relaxation. I did not know much about the area and was not expecting to find surf. To my delight Sunday proved to be a great day for waves! It was waist high and relatively glassy for New England. Here are some shots of the locals enjoying the waves.






After watching the locals do their thing, I stumbled into Island Surf and Sport. The folks their are the friendliest people you would ever want to meet. I was scoping out potential new boards and found out about Strive Surfboards and the Bully Fish shaped by Jon Henderson out of Santa Cruz CA. It's a hybrid Fish or some would call it a Long Fish as the shortest model is 6'6" with a modern rocker and hard rails at the tail. I can't wait to take this board out for a session!

1 comment:

  1. nice pics. i think that sunday we caught some pretty hard winds around here. good swell but side blown as hell. nice to see it was glassy up there.

    ReplyDelete