Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Competitive Surfing Questions

For some time now, I've had my doubts about the big $ competitive surfing business (Olympic figure skating 2.0, anybody?), and I realize scoring can be subjective, but for me this just ices it.

Can anyone really make the argument that the below is anything other than a rigged match between Taj and the Brazilian upstart Adriano De Souza? The boy from Brazil pulls into two barrels, slices and dices with mad style, but Burrow the Australian takes the heat despite doing little more than flopping around in the whitewater. Watch:


Of course, Taj would eat me for breakfast in the Rockaways, and it'll be hard to keep me away from the ASP competition this fall. But until I smash my computer, grab a mini Simmons and take off with Kris to a desert island.....I'm just sayin'!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you man. After September I'll be ready for a surf trip!

    ReplyDelete